When is computer slow?
computer repair store near me
Follow these Tips and Hacks to help you get back up to speed soon. Remember, a lot of the sound the same BUT is not Because everything in a computer work together. Sometimes for different computer problems the solution may sound close to the same because they may be affected by the same problem. Follow it, it is easy.
A Slow Computer frustrates most of us.
Yes, So how do you fix it?
- Very often the reason for a slow computer is programs running in the background.
- These could be programs that start automatically every time the computer starts.
- These programs then use computer resources while you need the resources for what you are doing. The result is slowing down your computer.
How can I fix my slow Computer ?
- Most Important – Do run an antivirus program to see if a computer virus is making your computer slow – Download it here Click here
- Identify the programs that slow down your computer.
- Do check your web browser and your internet connection.
- Your Hard drive could be fragmented – that means it would need to get defragmented to restore speed.
- Do check if you need to update Hardware that may slow down your computer. How ? These days everything goes through your video card. Why does this matter ? If your video hardware is not fast enough – it may slow down your computer.
- There is More – If your’e still using an “old hard drive for storage” – Upgrade your storage drive to a faster storage drive.
- Do you have enough RAM memory ? There is a big difference between “just enough” ram for the windows to load and More Ram” to make it run faster.
- To add more Ram is usually the cheapest method for speed increase for your windows computer
- Do you have a fast Video card ? Why ? Example: in windows, everything in the windows software is affected by the screen driver and screen speed. What does this say ? When you have a screen card that is “just enough” for your windows and now you want to play games on the computer, your computer will be slow. Why ? Because Games place a large load on the graphics video card and card with “just enough” is to little to handle the load. You will need to upgrade for the solution
- Download your Antivirus Click here
How can I make my computer run faster?
Tips and Hacks to Make Your PC Run Faster
- Update your computer. WHY ? Because programs work faster the their “age Family” programs are the same age or close – so they “understand” each other better so to speak. Updating your computer will usually help it run faster. …
- Shut down and/or restart your computer …
- Do Upgrade your RAM. …
- Do Uninstall unnecessary programs. …
- Yes, this works. Do delete temporary files. …
- Do delete big files you don’t need. …that is extra baggage.
- Do close out your tabs because each tab takes memory…memory that is needed so the computer can work faster.
- Do disable auto-launching programs – they take extra memory and slow down your computer.
Why is my PC slow all of a sudden?
Is it Malware or Viruses?
Possible! A virus or a malware program can cause a lot of problems in your PC.
Your computer being slow is just one of the problems caused by computer virus
If using your computer for work, use an anti-virus or a malware scanning program to make sure your computer is not infected with anything
- Download to Scan your computer Click here for Antivirus
Help ! how do I fix a slow computer in Windows 10?
Follow these Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
- Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers. …
- Restart your PC and open only the apps you need. …
- Use ReadyBoost to help improve performance. …
- Make sure the system is managing the page file size. …
- Check for low disk space and free up space.
TIP! EVEN a small insignificant computer virus can slow down your windows 10.
- SAVE Time and money by checking with a Antivirus first. Click here for Antivirus scan
TIP – Do remember that windows 10 uses visual effects. This uses a lot of resources. That in itself can make your computer slow.
Are Your computer slow When Browsing the Internet ?
- Did you check for computer virus ?
- Getting a computer virus from Internet browsing is common.
- When your internet Connection speed is slow and you download big files like a movie or video mp4 – then your computer slow down.
- Also this can cause huge problems without you knowing it – It’s called Temporary internet files – You see, windows place extra files in the temporary internet folder to use while you are browsing the internet. But it has to go through all these files every time and if there is a newer version of that file, then windows want to update that file
- This slow down you computer plus it cost you internet data and waste your time.
How can I fix that ?
- You can fix that by having a Quality antivirus program installed on your computer.
- You can delete old files in the temporary internet folder.
- HOW ?
- In C drive there is a temporary internet folder. But it is safer if you let software do it for you.
Remember, the antivirus program protect your computer and keep it fast by checking for computer virus.
But there is more
Your computer may need it’s files to be optimized for the best results.
Sometimes some of these computer viruses can attack your windows profile ! Yikes…
You can evade or sidestep that with a work around, fix the problem and come back to repair the rest.
What is that ?
Don’t try this unless you know what you do – it is dangerous and when done wrong can cause problems. You must have admin rights to do this. But here is what you do.
Restart your computer, press F8 – that will give you the choice of mode to start in.
Choose safe mode and let the computer start. Then first thing to do is run your antivirus program to remove the virus.
Next, when that is clear, then you go to you control panel. Look in control panel for system.
When in system, look for advanced system settings. When you click on advanced and the tab opens, notice Visual effects.
You will see that the default choice is that “let windows choose what is best for me”
Below that you will see “Best Visual…”
Below that you will see “Best speed”
Click by that choice, click save, click apply.
Close control panel and restart your computer
Now Do not freak out ! your pretty visual effects will be gone, but you will have more speed to continue fixing your computer.
When fixed, save and apply.
Restart your computer.
Now that your computer is fixed, go back to control panel and pet the setting back on “let windows chose what is best for me” like before. Restart your computer and all your pretty visual effects are back.
Why do computer virus slow down my computer ?
Why do people with “bad attitudes create computer viruses ?
Because computer virus often work in a DOS way.
What is DOS ?
a DOS virus is an Denial of service virus – it works by slowing down your computer even down to a stop. Just to cause you problems.
Because of the distributed nature of these viruses, they are difficult to get rid of. The Best and easiest way is to have a antivirus program installed that monitor your computer all the time.
- Did you check your Internet connection speed ?
When Using Big files?
- Video and Movie files are always big. That means you should have more computer ram and a Faster video card.
- Example – architectural files are BIG seriously big. Therefore you need more RAM, A faster video card with more ram plus a stronger faster computer to handle it plus the right software to open and use it.
- Solution in short – Get more RAM memory and if you can a stronger faster computer.
When Watching video ?
Do you have a fast Video card ? Why ?
Example: in windows, everything in the windows software is affected by the screen driver and screen speed.
What does this say ? When you have a screen card that is “just enough” for your windows and now you want to play games on the computer, your computer will be slow.
Why ? Because Games place a large load on the graphics video card and card with “just enough” is to little to handle the load. You will need to upgrade for the solution
Save Money – Check for computer virus first Tap the link for a Antivirus
A computer virus can make your computer slow, even stop your computer – So to keep your computer clean from computer virus is a good thing to recover lost speed.
Read More info – Click here Click here
Another Speed Tip
Did you know that an out of date screen driver can make your computer slow. Yes, to have an updated driver do improve speed.